- JB Sports: JB Sports, established in Rijen, Chamber of Commerce no. 71253769.
- Customer: the person with whom JB Sports has entered into an agreement.
- Parties: JB Sports and customer together.
- Consumer: a customer who is an individual acting for private purposes.
- These terms and conditions will apply to all quotations, offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services or products by or on behalf of JB Sports.
- Parties can only deviate from these conditions if they have explicitly agreed upon in writing.
- The parties expressly exclude the applicability of supplementary and/or deviating general terms and conditions of the customer or of third parties.
- All prices used by JB Sports are in euros, are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of any other costs such as administration costs, levies and travel-, shipping- or transport expenses, unless expressly stated otherwise or agreed otherwise.
- JB Sports is entitled to adjust all prices for its products or services, shown in its shop, on its website or otherwise, at any time.
- The price with regard to services is determined by JB Sports on the basis of the actual working hours.
- The price is calculated according to the usual hourly rates of JB Sports, valid for the period in which he carries out the work, unless a different hourly rate has been agreed.
- If the parties have agreed on a total amount for a service provided by JB Sports, this is always a target price, unless the parties have explicitly agreed upon in writing on a fixed price, which can not be deviated from.
- JB Sports is entitled to deviate up to 10% of the target price.
- If the target price exceeds 10%, JB Sports must let the customer know in due time why a higher price is justified.
- If the target price exceeds 10%, the customer has the right to cancel the part of the order that exceeds the target price by 10%.
- JB Sports has the right to adjust prices annually JB Sports.
- JB Sports will communicate price adjustments to the customer prior to the moment the price increase becomes effective.
- The consumer has the right to terminate the contract with JB Sports if he does not agree with the price increase.
Payments and payment term
- JB Sports may, at the conclusion of the agreement, require a down payment of up to 50% of the agreed amount.
- The customer must have paid the full amount within 7 days after delivery of the product.
- Payment terms are considered as fatal payment terms. This means that if the customer has not paid the agreed amount at the latest on the last day of the payment term, he is legally in default, without JB Sports having to send the customer a reminder or to put him in default.
- JB Sports reserves the right to make a delivery conditional upon immediate payment or to require adequate security for the total amount of the services or products.
Consequences of late payment
- If the customer does not pay within the agreed term, JB Sports is entitled to charge an interest of 1% per month from the day the customer is in default, whereby a part of a month is counted for a whole month.
- When the customer is in default, he is also due to extrajudicial collection costs and may be obliged to pay any compensation to JB Sports.
- The collection costs are calculated on the basis of the Reimbursement for extrajudicial collection costs.
- If the customer does not pay on time, JB Sports may suspend its obligations until the customer has met his payment obligation.
- In the event of liquidation, bankruptcy, attachment or suspension of payment on behalf of the customer, the claims of JB Sports on the customer are immediately due and payable.
- If the customer refuses to cooperate with the performance of the agreement by JB Sports, he is still obliged to pay the agreed price to JB Sports.
Suspension of obligations by the customer
The customer waives the right to suspend the fulfillment of any obligation arising from this agreement.
The customer waives his right to settle any debt to JB Sports with any claim on JB Sports.
- Delivery takes place while stocks last.
- Delivery takes place at JB Sports unless the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
- Delivery of products ordered online takes place at the address indicated by the customer.
- If the agreed price is not paid on time, JB Sports has the right to suspend its obligations until the agreed price is fully paid.
- In the event of late payment, the customer is automatically in default, and hereby he can not object to late delivery by JB Sports.
- Any delivery period specified by JB Sports is indicative and does not give the customer the right to dissolution or compensation if this period is not met with, unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- The delivery starts once the customer has fully completed the (electronic) ordering process and received an (electronic) confirmation of his order from JB Sports.
- Exceeding the specified delivery period does not entitle the customer to compensation or the right to terminate the contract, unless JB Sports cannot deliver within [number of days late] or if the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
The customer must ensure that the actual delivery of the products ordered by him can take place in time.
Transport costs are on behalf of the customer, unless the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
Packaging and shipping
- If the package of a delivered product is opened or damaged, the customer must have a note drawn up by the forwarder or delivery person before receiving the product. In the absence of which JB Sports may not be held liable for any damage.
- If the customer himself takes care of the transport of a product, he must report any visible damage to products or the packaging prior to the transport to JB Sports, failing which JB Sports cannot be held liable for any damage.
- The customer undertakes to insure and keep insured the following items adequately against fire, explosion and water damage as well as theft:
- goods delivered that are necessary for the execution of the underlying agreement
- goods being property of JB Sports that are present at the premises of the customer
- goods that have been delivered under retention of title
- At the first request of JB Sports, the customer provides the policy for these insurances for inspection.
When parties have entered into an agreement with services included, these services only contain best-effort obligations for JB Sports, not obligations of results.
Performance of the agreement
- JB Sports executes the agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
- JB Sports has the right to have the agreed services (partially) performed by third parties.
- The execution of the agreement takes place in mutual consultation and after written agreement and payment of the possibly agreed advance by the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that JB Sports can start the implementation of the agreement on time.
- If the customer has not ensured that JB Sports can start the implementation of the agreement in time, the resulting additional costs and/or extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duty to inform by the customer
- The customer shall make available to JB Sports all information, data and documents relevant to the correct execution of the agreement to in time and in the desired format and manner.
- The customer guarantees the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information, data and documents made available, even if they originate from third parties, unless otherwise ensuing from the nature of the agreement.
- If and insofar as the customer requests this, JB Sports will return the relevant documents.
- If the customer does not timely and properly provides the information, data or documents reasonably required by JB Sports and the execution of the agreement is delayed because of this, the resulting additional costs and extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duration of the agreement
- The agreement between JB Sports and the customer is entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless it results otherwise from the nature of the agreement or the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- If a fixed-term contract has been entered into, it will be tacitly converted into an open-ended contract at the end of the term, unless 1 of the parties terminates the contract with due observance of a notice period of 2 month(s), or if a consumer terminates the agreement with due observance of a notice period of 1 month / the agreement ends at the end of the fixed term.
- If the parties have agreed upon a term for the completion of certain activities, this is never a strict deadline, unless specified explicitly otherwise in writing. If this term is exceeded, the customer must give JB Sports a written reasonable term to terminate the activities, before it may either terminate the contract or claim damages.
Cancellation of the contract for an indefinite period of time
- The customer can terminate an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period at any time with due observance of a notice period of 2 months.
- A consumer has the right to terminate an agreement for an indefinite period with due observance of a notice period of 1 month.
The customer indemnifies JB Sports against all third-party claims that are related to the products and/or services supplied by JB Sports.
- The customer must examine a product or service provided by JB Sports as soon as possible for possible shortcomings.
- If a delivered product or service does not comply with what the customer could reasonably expect from the agreement, the customer must inform JB Sports of this as soon as possible, but in any case within 1 month after the discovery of the shortcomings.
- Consumers must inform JB Sports of this within two months after detection of the shortcomings.
- The customer gives a detailed description as possible of the shortcomings, so that JB Sports is able to respond adequately.
- The customer must demonstrate that the complaint relates to an agreement between the parties.
- If a complaint relates to ongoing work, this can in any case not lead to JB Sports being forced to perform other work than has been agreed.
- The customer must provide any notice of default to JB Sports in writing.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that a notice of default actually reaches JB Sports (in time).
Joint and several Client liabilities
If JB Sports enters into an agreement with several customers, each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the full amounts due to JB Sports under that agreement.
Liability of JB Sports
- JB Sports is only liable for any damage the customer suffers if and insofar as this damage is caused by intent or gross negligence.
- If JB Sports is liable for any damage, it is only liable for direct damages that results from or is related to the execution of an agreement.
- JB Sports is never liable for indirect damages, such as consequential loss, lost profit, lost savings or damage to third parties.
- If JB Sports is liable, its liability is limited to the amount paid by a closed (professional) liability insurance and in the absence of (full) payment by an insurance company of the damages the amount of the liability is limited to the (part of the) invoice to which the liability relates.
- All images, photos, colors, drawings, descriptions on the website or in a catalog are only indicative and are only approximate and can not lead to any compensation and/or (partial) dissolution of the agreement and/or suspension of any obligation.
Every right of the customer to compensation from JB Sports shall, in any case, expire within 12 months after the event from which the liability arises directly or indirectly. This does not exclude the provisions in article 6:89 of the Dutch Civil Code.
- The customer has the right to dissolve the agreement if JB Sports imputably fails in the fulfillment of his obligations, unless this shortcoming does not justify termination due to its special nature or because it is of minor significance.
- If the fulfillment of the obligations by JB Sports is not permanent or temporarily impossible, dissolution can only take place after JB Sports is in default.
- JB Sports has the right to dissolve the agreement with the customer, if the customer does not fully or timely fulfill his obligations under the agreement, or if circumstances give JB Sports good grounds to fear that the customer will not be able to fulfill his obligations properly.
- In addition to the provisions of article 6:75 Dutch Civil Code, a shortcoming of JB Sports in the fulfillment of any obligation to the customer cannot be attributed to JB Sports in any situation independent of the will of JB Sports, when the fulfillment of its obligations towards the customer is prevented in whole or in part or when the fulfillment of its obligations cannot reasonably be required from JB Sports .
- The force majeure situation referred to in paragraph 1 is also applicable – but not limited to: state of emergency (such as civil war, insurrection, riots, natural disasters, etc.); defaults and force majeure of suppliers, deliverymen or other third parties; unexpected disturbances of power, electricity, internet, computer or telecoms; computer viruses, strikes, government measures, unforeseen transport problems, bad weather conditions and work stoppages.
- If a situation of force majeure arises as a result of which JB Sports cannot fulfill one or more obligations towards the customer, these obligations will be suspended until JB Sports can comply with it.
- From the moment that a force majeure situation has lasted at least 30 calendar days, both parties may dissolve the agreement in writing in whole or in part.
- JB Sports does not owe any (damage) compensation in a situation of force majeure, even if it has obtained any advantages as a result of the force majeure situation.
Modification of the agreement
If, after the conclusion of the agreement and before its implementation, it appears necessary to change or supplement its contents, the parties shall timely and in mutual consultation adjust the agreement accordingly.
Changes in the general terms and conditions
- JB Sports is entitled to amend or supplement these general terms and conditions.
- Changes of minor importance can be made at any time.
- Major changes in content will be discussed by JB Sports with the customer in advance as much as possible.
- Consumers are entitled to cancel the agreement in the event of a substantial change to the general terms and conditions.
Transfer of rights
- The customer can not transfer its rights deferring from an agreement with JB Sports to third parties without the prior written consent of JB Sports .
- This provision applies as a clause with a property law effect as referred to in Section 3:83 (2) Dutch Civil Code.
Consequences of nullity or annullability
- If one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions prove null or annullable, this will not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- A provision that is null or annullable shall, in that case, be replaced by a provision that comes closest to what JB Sports had in mind when drafting the conditions on that issue.
Applicable law and competent court
- Dutch law is exclusively applicable to all agreements between the parties.
- The Dutch court in the district where JB Sports is established is exclusively competent in case of any disputes between parties, unless the law prescribes otherwise.
Drawn up on 13 mei 2020.